Competitive monitoring and analysis is one of ACNielsen’s core roles for Brand Managers. Our services enable you to understand your competitive performance and stay one step ahead. Key questions and issues include:
- What are my market shares and trends?
- How are my brands performing compared with my competitors?
- How important is private label to my buyers?
- How successful are my competitors at building volume and loyalty?
Category Managers must understand their performance in context with other categories that compete for the same share of consumer spending. Knowing which categories to watch is half the battle. Some issues to consider include:
- What other categories interact with mine, and which are important?
- What cross category opportunities are there?
- How loyal are category buyers?
Sales Managers must be aware of all the competitive action in a category. The issues in a competitive environment include:
- How does my price compare with competitors’ prices?
- What is my share of space compared with my competition?
- What is the relevance of private label to my competitive position?
Understanding their competitive position is one of the key challenges for retailers. Our services provide unique measures of the competitive performance of retail chains and stores. The questions we answer include:
- How are my stores performing compared with the marketplace?
- Which consumers are choosing my stores?
- Which consumers are choosing my competitors’ stores?
- Do all my stores have the right set of products for their markets?
Nielsen Can Help
When preparing competitive strategies, our retail measurement data helps track and benchmark your promotional gains against past activities. Find out more.
By providing insights on what consumers purchase and their shopping patterns, Homescan can help measure the performance of competitive brands and identify opportunities for your brand such as the need for loyalty programs or promotions. Find out more.
Get consumer views and insights on your brand vs. competitive brands from custom Nielsen studies that target key competitors, brand differences, and brand strengths and weaknesses to help you develop highly strategic and tactical plans. Find out more.